CELTA gives you the opportunity to develop your teaching practice, knowledge and hands-on experience to build your confidence in the classroom and secure a better teaching position.
THE CELTA QUALIFICATION HAS WORLDWIDE RECOGNITION
As CELTA is awarded by Cambridge Assessment English, it is:
- internationally recognised;
- highly respected;
- a benchmark for quality;
- the most widely recognised and accepted TESOL certificate.
WHO IS CELTA FOR?
New teachers – CELTA gives you the training you need to become an English language teacher. It is ideal if you are looking for a new career opportunity or wanting a short break in your existing career.
Existing teachers – if you are already working as a teacher and you want to:
- become a Cambridge certified teacher;
- sharpen your teaching practice;
- test your skills;
- get a promotion or a better teaching position.
THE CELTA COURSE IS A PRACTICAL AND INTERACTIVE COURSE
The CELTA course is a practical course, based on controlled in-classroom teaching practice. Trainees are provided with the tools they need to design and run language lessons. Our tutors will help you prepare each class, observe every one of your lessons and give you both oral and written feedback after class. This allows you to experience teaching in a supportive environment and to learn through the feedback process.
THE CELTA QUALIFICATION HELPS YOU LAND NEW JOB OPPORTUNITIES
The CELTA will enable you to stand out and compete in a high-demand career field. This popular teaching qualification gives you the opportunity to live and work abroad and pursue a highly rewarding teaching career. To help you find that position, you will participate in resume and job interview workshops while on the course.
THE CELTA HAS THE LARGEST GLOBAL REACH
The popular teaching CELTA qualification is:
- accepted by organisations which employ English language teachers throughout the world;
- widely used as a benchmark of basic teaching skills and quality by:
- English language schools;
- non-governmental organisations (NGOs);
- other educational institutions.
- Blend of online and face-to-face study;
- Covers the principles of effective teaching and gives you a range of teaching techniques and practical experience;
- Teaching practice, feedback and observation of teaching are at the heart of the CELTA course, which is what makes it such a practical course. You’ll also receive tutorial support and help with planning lessons;
- It’s flexible – it can be taken full time over 4–5 weeks or part time over a few months:
- The minimum requirements to take CELTA are that you must have an English level of C1+ or above and are age 18 or over.
FULL TIME FACE TO FACE
06/09/2021 – 01/10/2021 (4 weeks Monday to Friday)
SOFIA CODE – 60710
TP Classes will be held at CPIA 1 in Via Domodossola, 54.
Input sessions and ALP to be run at our main centre in Via G.Medici, 40.
EXTENSIVE ONLINE (once a week every Friday)
29/10/2021 – 25/3/2022
SOFIA CODE – 61005
A TYPICAL CELTA COURSE DAILY ROUTINE
9.00 – 10.15 Input session 1
10.15 – 10.30 Break
10.30 – 11-30 Input session 2
11.30 – 12.15 Assisted lesson planning
12.15 – 13.15 Lunch break
13.15 – 15.30 Teaching practice
15.30 – 15.45 Break
15.45 – 16.45 Feedback on teaching practice
PART-TIME COURSE ONLINE (Tue-Thur 18.15-21.30 Sat 10.00-17.00)
13 Nov 2021 – 3 Feb 2022 (Christmas break from 24 Dec to 7 Jan)
SOFIA CODE – 60811
5 Feb 2022 – 14 April 2022
A TYPICAL PART-TIME COURSE ROUTINE
10.30 – 11.30 Assisted lesson planning
11.30 – 12.00 Break
12.00 – 13.00 Assisted lesson planning
13.00 – 14.00 Lunch break
14.00 – 15.15 Input session 1
15.15 – 15.30 Break
15.30 – 16.30 Input session 2
Tuesdays and Thursdays:
18.30 – 20.40 Teaching practice
20.45 – 21.30 Feedback on teaching practice
The price of the CELTA course is €1500. If you are newly graduated (12 months max), you are entitled to a €50 discount.
The fee includes:
- Teaching practice with students at two different levels;
- Observation of qualified teachers;
- Feedback with tutors and peers;
- Assisted lesson planning;
- Input sessions;
- Access to a range of materials and resources online;
- 120 hours of lessons (plus 120 hours of self-study);
- At the end, a short introductory course on teaching English to Young Learners, Very Young Learners or CLIL methodology at your choice.
Want to apply?
Complete this form in all its parts. Once we receive your answers, we will contact you to arrange an oral interview with one of our tutors.
Want more info about our CELTA course? Write us!